Healthy minds and happy hearts.
As holiday decor begins to pop up along streets and in storefronts and colorful lights once again trim houses and trees, we are signaled that the season of gift giving is here.
Selecting the perfect presents for loved ones can be thrilling, the excitement of seeing surprised and smiling faces worth every moment of long lines and crowded stores. Yet there always seems to be at least one name on any gift list that stumps even the most skilled shopper.
This year, give the gift of good mental health and overall wellness to those you hold dear. To assist with your own sanity, we’ve compiled an assortment of gift ideas below that will bring yearlong cheer to any recipient.
- A weighted blanket – Designed to help sooth and calm, a weighted blanket can help relieve anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other related disorders by raising serotonin levels.
- Adult coloring books – Coloring is not just for kids! Psychologist Carl Jüng used coloring as a relaxation technique for adults in the early 20th century, and experts today continue to boast the mental health benefits of the activity. Unplugging and reconnecting with a simpler time sounds quite nice around the holidays.
- Aromatherapy Diffuser – Studies on the benefits of aromatherapy are limited, but initial research suggests that essential oils can improve sleep, reduce stress, and even help to alleviate pain.
- Meditation lessons – Meditation can help to boost your health, happiness, and productivity. Need we say more? Check out a full list of the benefits of meditation here.
- Jangala Tribal Warriors series – A great way to teach positive psychology, heart-centered use of language, and principles of the Nurtured Heart Approach to children and teens. Help the youth in your life learn how to handle their emotions and conflicts, and to build healthy relationships.
- Your time – Nothing is more valuable or treasured than time spent together. Give experiences this holiday season, like mom and daughter day, and make memories that will last a lifetime.